LOGblog: The Blog for LOG

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Queen Mad

My day began with class, as usual. After class I walked down Parliament Street for my day of work. Upon arrival, I was informed that arrangements had been made for Bim, another temporary intern on his way to Oxford, and I to attend Question Time. This is a time in which MPs (Members of Parliament) debate various issues in a very informal and often comical manner. After jumping the especially long que (line) and flashing our passes, the guards let us in, much to the dismay of the onlooking tourists. We whipped right pass them and into the House of Commons. Issues such as constitutional affairs were discussed and a debate over Iraq followed. When Bim and I were leaving, it was as though he were loitering in the lobby area. I asked him if he was ready to go and he told me to not turn around. I was like ok.... Then he told me to slowly turn around. "You see that man with his wife right there. That's Hans Blix." The UN weapons inspector, duh. I was very excited because who gets to see stuff like that everyday?
After work I walked to Shakespeare's Globe Theatre to see a performance of Romeo and Juliet for my theatre class. The play was especially good, although it was long and we had to stand the whole time because we were the unfortunate groundlings. All and all, this was a very exciting day for me and I would be surprised if others could live up to it.

1 Comments:

  • Groundling!? Sounds kind of like groundhog. Hey guys, remember when we went to Punxsutawney and had to stand around for several hours? That was fun.

    By Blogger Jimbo, at 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home